Saturday, July 18, 2026

I remember

 

A friend found this poem on Facebook the other day and it just hit home. I think you will be able to relate.

There are days
when grief is a mountain,
and I am certain
I was never meant to climb this high.

Then I remember you.

Not as the day I lost you,
but as the man who never stopped believing
that tomorrow could still hold something good.

So I take one more step.

I carry your laughter
like a light in my pocket,
your love
like a hand against my back,
and your memory
like a compass pointing me home.

I still whisper your name
to the morning coffee,
to the evening sky,
to the quiet stars we once watched together.

I miss you in every season,
but love has never measured itself
by distance or time.

It simply stays.

And if you can see me from where you are,
I hope you know this:

I am still trying.

Some days I stumble.
Some days I cry.
Some days I only manage one small step.

But every step I take
is carrying the love we built together.

Until the day we meet again,
I'll keep living the story
that your love gave me the strength to continue.

Ann Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment